Adyghe Int. Sci. J. Vol. 22, No 3. P. 35-41. ISSN 1726-9946
Read article Contents of this issue
|UDC 39||Original Article|
Resettlement of Displaced Chechens in the Ottoman Empire
Leichy Magamedovich Garsaev
Doctor of Historical Sciences, Professor, A. A. Kadyrov Chechen State University, Head of the Department of Ethnology Institute of Humanitarian Studies Academy of Sciences of the Chechen Republic, Russia, Grozny, SPIN-код: 9873-2139, AuthorID: 556920, email@example.com
Garasaev Kh.-A. Magomedovich
Abstract. The The article describes the resettlement and the problems of resettlement of Chechen migrants in the Ottoman Empire in 1865. It shows the duality of the behavior of the Turkish side and the indifference of some Russian officials to the tragic situation among migrants. From all that has been said, it follows that the Turkish government did not have a clear program of action and Russian officials did not show much enthusiasm in solving this issue. This is evidenced by the documentary sources given in the work.
Keywords: Ottoman Empire, Arzerum, Diarbekir, Mush, Kundukhov, Captain Zeleny, Nusret Pasha, Chechens-settlers
Acknowledgments: the author are thankful to the anonymous reviewer for his valuable remakes.
For citation. L. M. Garsaev, Kh-A. M. Garasaev Resettlement of Displaced Chechens in the Ottoman Empire. Adyghe Int. Sci. J. 2022. Vol. 22, No. 3. P. 35–41. DOI: https://doi.org/10.47928/1726-9946-2022-22-3-35-41
The author has read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Submitted 05.08.2022; approved after reviewing 23.09.2022; accepted for publication 28.09.2022
© Garsaev L. M., Garasaev Kh-A. M., 2022
1. TSGIA. F. 545. Op. 1. D. 95. «Correspondence on the case of the resettlement of Chechens to Turkey. September 1965».
2. S.-E. S. Badaev The Chechen Diaspora in the Middle and Near East: history and modernity. Nalchik, 2008. p. 315.
3. L. M. Garsaev, Kh.-A. M. Garasaev Chechen muhajirs and their descendants in the history and culture of Jordan (Historical and ethnographic essays). Grozny: JSC «IPK «Grozny worker», 2019. 432 p.
4. Yu. S. Kartsov Behind the scenes of diplomacy. «Russian antiquity». St. Petersburg, 1908. p. 90.
5. M. Kundukhov Memoirs. P. 12.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.