Adyghe Int. Sci. J. Vol. 23. No 3. P. 73–82
Intraspecific relationships between types of epic
Gutov Adam Mukhamedovich
Doctor of Philology, Professor, Chief Researcher of the Adyghe Folklore Sector of KBIGI, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3072-2234, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gutova Liana Adamovna
Candidate of Philology, Senior Researcher of the Adyghe Folklore Sector of KBIGI, https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7526-3719, Liana240281@gmail.com
Abstract. The article discusses the features of the interaction between two varieties of the Adyghe (Circassian) folk epic, archaic legends about the mythical heroic Narts and cycles of historical and heroic songs and legends. as an example, a song is considered, which, in its poetic organization and musical texture, represents the phenomenon of the historical and heroic epic, but with the theme and nomenclature of characters is directly related to the cycles of Nart legends. In this regard, it is customary to attribute this work to the category of borderline ones that arose at the stage of completion of the greatest productivity of archaic cycles and the promotion of works of the historicalheroic variety of the epic to the fore. Attention is drawn to the facts of the reverse influence of the poetics and style of the younger epic on the structure of the genre formation typologically preceding it. It is established that this happens not at the stage of formation of the poetics of the younger epic, but as a result of a more complex process – the joint productive functioning of various genres of folklore, but on the condition that one of the phenomena occupies a dominant position and acquires the ability to influence genres and genres adjacent to it. varieties.
Keywords: archaic epic, junior epic, historical and heroic song, Narts, poetics, structure
Acknowledgments: the authors express their gratitude to the reviewer of the article, the technical secretary of the journal, the proofreader for preparing the article for publication.
The authors declare no conflict of interest.
For citation. Gutov A. M., Gutova L. A. Intraspecific relationships between types of epic. Adyghe Int. Sci. J. 2023. Vol. 23, No. 3. P. 73–82. DOI: https://doi.org/10.47928/1726-9946-2023-23-3-73-82; EDN: VLFTKW
The author has read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Submitted 25.08.2023; approved after reviewing 18.09.2023; aeeepted for publication 22.09.2023.
© Gutov A. M.,
Gutova L. A., 2023
1. Narty. Adygskij epos [Narts. Adyghe epic]. T. II. Nal’chik: KBIGI, 2017; 468. (In Russ.)
2. Kabardinskij fol’klor [Kabardian folklore]. M.-L.: Academia. 1936; 656. (In Russ.)
3. Adyge IueryIuatekher [Adyge IueryIuateher]. Nalshyk: El’brus (Adygskij fol’klor. Nal’chik: El’brus. Na kabard. yaz.). 1963. 340 s. (In Kabard.)
4. Narther. Adyge epos [Narther. Adyge epic]. IV t. Myek”uape: (Narty. Adygskij epos. IV t. Majkop: Adygejskoe knizhnoe izdatel’stvo. Na adygskih yaz.). 1970; 310. (In Kabard.)
5. Narty. Adygskij geroicheskij epos [Narts. Adyghe heroic epic]. M.: Nauka. 1974; 416. (In Russ.)
6. Propp V. Ya. Fol’klor i dejstvitel’nost’: Izbrannye stat’I [Folklore and Reality: Selected Articles]. M. Nauka. 1976; 34-45. (In Russ.)
7. Narodnye pesni i instrumental’nye naigryshi adygov [Folk songs and instrumental plays of the Adyghes]. T.III, ch. 1. M.: Sovetskij kompozitor. 1986; 264. (In Russ.)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.