Adyghe Int. Sci. J. Vol. 23. No 1. P. 11-19
|MSC 35М12||Original Article|
Boundary value problems with data on opposite characteristics for a second-order mixed-hyperbolic equation
Zhiraslan Anatolevich Balkizov
Ph.D. (Phys & Math) Leading Researcher, Department of Mixed Type Equations, Institute of Applied Mathematics and Automation of KBSC RAS, (360017, 89 A Shortanova St., Nalchik, Russia), https://orcid.Org/0000-0001-5329-7766, Giraslan@yandcx.ru
Abstract. In this paper, we study a nonlocal problem with a shift to conjugation of two equations of second-order hyperbolic type, consisting of a wave equation in one part of the domain and a degenerate hyperbolic equation of the first kind in the other part. Using the Tricomi method, sufficient conditions arc found for given functions that ensure the existence of a unique solution of the problem under study that is regular in the region under consideration. In a particular case, the solution of the problem is written out explicitly.
Keywords: wave equation, degenerate hyperbolic equation, Volterra equation, Tricomi method, method of integral equations, methods of the theory of fractional calculus
Acknowledgments: the author are thankful to the anonymous reviewer for his valuable remakes.
For citation. Balkizov G. A. Boundary value problems with data on opposite characteristics for a second-order mixed-hyperbolic equation. Adyghe hit. Sei. J. 2023. Vol. 23, No. 1. P. 11-19.
DOI: https://doi.org/10.47928/1726-9946-2023-23-1-11-19; EDN: ACKBLJ
The author has read and approved the final version of the manuscript.
Submitted 13.12.2022; approved after reviewing 21.12.2022; accepted for publication 24.12.2022
© Balkizov G. A., 2023
1. Smirnov M. M. Mixed type equations. 1970. 296 p. [in Russian]
2. Protter M. H. The Cauchy problem for a hyperbolic second-order equation with data on the parabolic line. Canad. J. of Math. 1954. Vol. 6, No. 4. Pp. 542-553.
3. Bitsadze A. V. Mixed type equations, 1959. 164 p. [in Russian]
4. Lykov A. V. Application of methods of thermodynamics of irreversible processes to the study of heat and mass transfer. Inzhenerno-fizicheskij zhurnal. 1955. Vol. 9, No. 3. Pp. 287-304.
5. Nakhushev A. M. Equations of mathematical biology. 1995. 301 p. [in Russian]
6. Nakhushev A. M. Fractional calculus and its application. 2003. 272 p. [in Russian]
7. Bers L. Mathematical issues of subsonic and transonic gas dynamics. 1961. 208 p. [in Russian]
8. Frankl F. I. Selected works on gas dynamics. 1973. 771 p. [in Russian]
9. Tricomi F. Lectures on partial differential equations. 1957. 444 p. [in Russian]
10. Dgrbashyan M. M. Integral transformations and representations of functions in the complex plane. 1966. 672 p. [in Russian]
11. Samko S. G., Kilbas A. A., Marichev О. I. Fractional integrals and derivatives and some of their applications. 1987. 688 p. [in Russian]
12. Kalmenov T. Sh. A uniqueness criterion for a solution to the Darboux problem for a degenerate hyperbolic equation. Differ, equations. 1971. Vol. 7, No. 1. Pp. 178-181. [in Russian]
13. Balkizov Zh. A. Boundary-value problem for a hyperbolic equation degenerating inside a domain. Izvestiya Vysshikh Uchcbnykh Zavcdcnii. North Caucasian region. Scries Natural Sciences. 2016. No. 1(189). Pp. 5-10. [in Russian]
14. Balkizov Zh. A. The first boundary value problem for a hyperbolic equation degenerating inside a domain. Vladikavkaz Mathematical Journal. 2016. Vol. 18, No. 2, Pp. 19-30. [in Russian]
15. Kumykova S. K., Nakhusheva F. B. On a boundary value problem for a hyperbolic equation that degenerates inside a domain. Differ, equations. 1978. Vol. 14, No 1. Pp. 50-65.
16. Balkizov Zh. A. Boundary Value Problems with Data on Opposite Characteristics for a Second-Order Mixed-Hyperbolic Equation. Reports of the Adyghe (Cherkessian) International Academy of Sciences. 2020. Vol. 20, No. 3. Pp. 6-13. [in Russian]
17. Balkizov Zh. A. Boundary value problems for a mixed-hyperbolic equation. Bulletin of the Dagestan State University. Scries 1: Natural Sciences. 2021. V. 36, No. 1. Pp. 7-14. [in Russian]
18. Salakhitdinov M. S., Mirsaburov M. On some boundary value problems for a hyperbolic equation that degenerates inside a domain. Differ, equations. 1981. Vol. 17, No. 1. Pp. 129-136. [in Russian]
19. Salakhitdinov M. S., Mirsaburov M. On two nonlocal boundary value problems for a degenerate hyperbolic equation. Differ, equations. 1982. Vol. 17, No. 1. Pp. 116-127. [in Russian]
20. Efimova S. V., Repin O. A. A Problem with Nonlocal Conditions on Characteristics for the Moisture Transfer Equation. Differential Equations. 2004. Vol. 40, No. 10. Pp. 1498-1502.
21. Repin O. A. On a problem with M. Saigon operators on characteristics for a hyperbolic equation degenerate inside a domain. Bulletin of the Samara State Technical University. Scries of physical and mathematical sciences. 2006. V. 10, No. 43. Pp. 10-14. [In Russian]
22. Balkizov Zh. A. A problem with a shift for a degenerate hyperbolic equation of the first kind. Bulletin of the Samara State Technical University. Scries of physical and mathematical sciences. 2021. Vol. 25, No. 1. Pp. 21-34. [In Russian]
23. Zhegalov V. I. Boundary value problem for a mixed type equation with a boundary condition on both characteristics with discontinuities on the transition line. Uchenye zapiski Kazanskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta im. IN AND. Lenin. 1962. Vol. 122, No. 3. Pp. 3-16. [in Russian]
24. Nakhushev A. M. Some boundary value problems for hyperbolic equations and equations of mixed type. Differ. Uravn. 1969. Vol. 5, No. 1. Pp. 44-59. [in Russian]
25. Nakhushev A. M. A new boundary value problem for a degenerate hyperbolic equation. Doklady AN SSSR. 1969. Vol. 187, No. 4. Pp. 736-739. [in Russian]
26. Nakhushev A. M. Problems with displacement for partial differential equations. 2006. 287 p.
27. Smirnov M. M. Degenerate hyperbolic equations. 1977. 160 p. [in Russian]
28. Tikhonov A. N., Samarsky A. A. Equations of mathematical physics. 1977. 736 p. [in Russian]
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License.